Frequently Asked Questions
Why didn't I get my certificate of destruction?
How does the process work?
Is shipping our sensitive material to you secure?
Can we mix shipments, like pill bottles, files, and computers in the same box?
Will FedEx pick up at residence?
If I already have an account with FedEx, or another shipper can I use my own labels?
Do you surcharge for overweight boxes?
Is your shredding certified?
Do you recycle what you shred?
Do we have to remove staples, paperclips, binder clips, spiral notebooks etc?
What credit cards do you accept?
Why didn't I get my certificate of destruction? Back to Top
In some cases, spam filters can interfere with our confirmation emails. Please set your mail filters to accept email from email@example.com. If you still don't receive it, it is available in the tracking section and in your account history.
How does the process work? Back to Top
- Find a sturdy box for your material. It can be new or used.
- New boxes sold at office & moving supply stores.
- Small fiel boxes hold 30 lbs, medium boxes 60 lbs.
- A xerox paper box will hold 30 lbs
- Fill the box. Pack tightly. Tape it up. Newspaper is great filler.
- Click the big green START button on the right.
- specify where you will be shipping from
- Specify material and number of boxes to shred.
- Enter payment information
- Print the Ship 'N' Shred FedEx labels for each box then...
- Scheudle a FedEx pick up (online or call 800-463-3339), or
- Drop off at a FedEx Ground Location within 10 business days.
- Track your material at any time on the tracking page.
- Once destroyed, we'll email a certificate of destruction.
Is shipping our sensitive material to you secure? Back to Top
Yes, the process is a secure method of destruction. The items are securely and quickly shipped to the shredding facility, and there the box tracking numbers are recorded and logged. Afterwards, the papers go through the shredder and a certificate of destruction is sent for your records.
Can we mix shipments, like pill bottles, files, and computers in the same box? Back to Top
No. Materials must be shipped according to content, which you select when you print the label.
Will FedEx pick up at residence? Back to Top
FedEx picks up at most residences but not all. However, you can always take your box to the nearest FedEx ground facility.
If I already have an account with FedEx, or another shipper can I use my own labels? Back to Top
No. For security and tracking purposes, you need to use Ship 'N' Shred's system.
Do you surcharge for overweight boxes? Back to Top
Yes, we surcharge for FedEx's overage rate if you send a box larger than you ordered.
Is your shredding certified? Back to Top
Yes. We certify the destruction of each box received. You will receive an email with your certificate of destruction once your box is destroyed.
Do you recycle what you shred? Back to Top
Almost everything is recycled. Paper, cardboard, pill bottles, IV bags, most plastic, and more; however, there are a few items that cannot be recycled.
Do we have to remove staples, paperclips, binder clips, spiral notebooks etc? Back to Top
No. We shred them up with the paper. After the material is shredded, magnets remove the metal, and it is recycled.
What credit cards do you accept? Back to Top
Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover.